

On April, 9, 2009, Benji, Brinlee and I adopted a female cat named "Star" from a nearby town's animal shelter for free. The worker there guessed she was about 10-months-old and had given her the name Star because the cat was all black save for a small patch of white on the front of her neck. The woman said it looked like a star to her, hence the name.
I wasn't too fond of the name she came with but with a little tweaking I soon found something I liked, "Starry Star."
Anyway, we got her just under two weeks after I had asked Taylor for the divorce and he had moved out. Starry, has been so therapeutic for me ever since I met her. She cuddles up or comes to find me whenever I am in pain be it heart, mind or body. I have shed many tears that have fallen onto her black pelt and yet she purrs on and still comes. She know when I need her. I believe the Lord knew that I needed her too. She of course needed a home to come to and someone to love and take care of her.
Anyway, two weeks after I got her I took her in to get spayed whereupon picking her up I was asked how long I had had her. I said two weeks. And they said "Well, she is not 10-months old. She is more like 3-years-old and had already been fixed."
I was shocked and now she had a shaved belly but everything worked out. I was already so glad to have her in my life that it didn't matter what her age was. When I was seeking a cat to adopt I knew I wanted one that was female, black and white and young.
What I got was even better, a friend.
On another note....
Here are some of today's pictures of Brinlee (age 3 years and 4 days) and Peyton (age 5-she is my roommate's daughter) and Benji (age 7 and the proud recipient of his first "blue" mark today at school which is a step up from the everyday green and the highest color you can get). Such cute kids.





1 comment:
Yes, you do have cute kids and a pretty cat. I love to hear them purr too. I hope that your tears are fewer and that you don't let any man's lack of courage in taking on a family keep you from holding your head high and reaching for the stars. Never aim for anything beneath you. Love you!
Post a Comment