Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Update on the kids and I

I just thought I would write a quick update. Tomorrow marks 90 days since I had to go on the super restricted allergy avoidance diet. I can't believe I have made it this far. I only "cheated" once in January after my shoulder surgery and the results weren't pretty (super rash on my chest, neck and face, red hot ears and a sore tummy all night long) and the two stupid chocolate cupcakes didn't even taste that good.

My shoulder is healing slowly but surely and whilst it has a goodish range of motion, it is still very weak and I can hardly pick up anything. I've been able to do 3 pound bicep curls but no weight over head yet. One cool thing is that my scars look like dragon or butter flies- three of them total.

Lets see what else...

Benji is still my little inventor and makes these amazing hot wheels chain reaction sets and builds the neatest things with K-nects. He currently has a double ear infection and is struggling a little with paying attention at school but overall is doing pretty good.

Brinlee is growing up so fast and really is a big tease. But don't try to tell her she is cute or beautiful. She just gets mad and says that she is not, and that she is just Brinlee. She has the cutest personality. She enjoys Nursery and loves to play with friends and family. I can't believe she will be 3 in less than a month.

As for me in other areas of life I am hangin' in there.

1 comment:

fabules said...

Karen, you just blow me away. Everytime I see you I think you have flowered in even another way....(if that made sense) :)

You inspire me and I just love you so much.

Thanks for being my friend.