Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to Karen Lee

This is what Dr. Seuss would have said,
If he were me and here, instead of dead.

"I'm 5 foot 8 and feeling great.
I'm 29 and doing fine.
I have brown hair and brown eyes,
And two great kids who are 'wise guys.'

Although some of my life has been a mess
I really feel I'm truly blessed.
Benji is 7 and Brinlee is 2,
Without them I don't know what I'd do.

Although a divorce was not in my life plan,
I have survived and thrived and know I still can.
Sure, it's been hard and I've shed many tears,
But I look forward to much happier years.

I have great friends and family
Who aid me in tough times regularly.
I love the Lord and know He loves me,
He helps me be the best I can be.

I hope to live, laugh, love, and share
And let people know I really do care,
About other people, pets and the earth,
In fact, I can say I'm grateful for my birth."

Yes, this is what Dr. Seuss would say,
if he were me on this fine day.
But since he's gone, it's left up to me
To write the current story of Karen Lee.

Written by Karen Lee Feb. 9, 2010.

3 comments:

fabules said...

That is so cute! You have come a long way and I have to say that you have blossomed. Your growth and strength from your trials that you've endured show and you shine confidence and glow with happiness. I am so happy for you and pray that you will receive all the blessings the Lord has in store for you.

~Jordyn said...

This is the best poem! You rock! <3

Kyli said...

That's such a happy sweet poem! Love it! I miss you and love you! :)