Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Benji's 7th b-day party and day and Brinlee in a bed

This week has been full of excitement.
Not only did Benji have a 7 year-old birthday party eve celebration on Sunday with his sister, grandma, mom, aunts, uncles, cousins, great grandma, a great uncle and a great aunt, all on my side of the family, but he also turned 7 the next day!

The same night of the party, Brinlee also did a little growing up of her own. She spent her first night in a toddler bed. She had mixed emotions about the change to a bed from a crib, and fell on the floor that first night while she was asleep, but other than that she has done just fine with it.

I love my children so much and can't believe how fast they are growing. I was also grateful to have my grandma at the party too. She is so frail and in poor health that I just don't know how much longer she will be around on this side of the veil. So I was glad to have a picture of her and I together.

The morning of Benji's birthday, I wrote him a cute little note on the marker board, which I love by the way). I took a picture, but here is what it said, "Happy Birthday Benjamin Taylor Scott! 7 years ago you were 6 pounds 5 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. Now you are over 40 pounds and over 4 feet tall. You had red hair and blue eyes. Now they are both brown. My how you have grown and you're still so full of live. Heart - Mom


Benji on the night of the party.


Benji on the night of his actual Birthday. He got the cool crown at school.

Benji going to bed as a now 7-year-old boy.

Brinlee in her newly converted toddler bed. I can't believe she'll be three in April.

My grandma and I. She's 85 and I'm 29.

The special note.



Just for fun.
Here are two cute pictures of Benji when he was three.
My how he's changed and yet stayed the same.



1 comment:

Kyli said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I feel bad I didn't call for his birthday. I was planning on it and just didn't, sorry! I'm glad he had a good day. I've put something in the4 mail for him so watch for it! Say hi to both your kids for me. Love ya!