Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Spring and down by 60 pounds!

I'm so glad it is Spring officially. Not only did I get to start of the morning with thoughts of new beninnings, but I also hopped on the scale and found out I have officially lost 60 pounds! I can't even believe it.

According, to one of my many, doctors I only need to lose 9 more pounds. I would like to lose a little more, but I'll be the judge of that. It seriously will be a matter of prayer.

Anywho, I love this time of year. Spring is my favorite season. I love jacket weather, seeing green things grow and I love the flowers that arrive in such soft pastel colors.

I love simply being me right now.

This is something I wrote about a week ago which I have shared with some of my friends.



The piece of paper
by Karen Lee
March 13, 2010

Nearly torn in two, scorched, and crumpled into a wad, the once beautiful parchment is blown by Autumn winds into a rain puddle and forgotten.

Once gracefully scripted lines run together and eventually off the page. Though the water in time softens the wrinkles, and erases the singe marks, the weight of the water also pulls the paper down to the bottom of a murky, shallow puddle.

Winter temperatures freeze the mini-pond and the paper is stuck in an icy prison. Despite being stiff and cold, the paper finds its’ tear slowly mending and the stillness of the environment refreshing. Rest comes and with it dreams – desires of becoming the surface of an exquisite painting, photograph, piece of music or more.

It is Spring. April showers and the sun’s rays wash away the frozen jail and the paper though still wet looks and feels better than before the Fall. The increasing warmth eventually evaporates the puddle and the paper is left to dry out.

Summer has come. The paper is free.








Back to this post... I'm glad to feel the rays of sunshine in my life again, Son of God shine too. I love this time of year when the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is spoken of and thought of more.

Yay for today, life, love, happiness, the beauty of the earth and my children. I love them. They are so dang stinking cute.

In other news, I have a date tonight with one guy :) and a date next Friday with a different man. Whoot-woo. ;)

1 comment:

S and M said...

with who and who? spill the beans sista!