Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When life gets you down you know what you gotta do?

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do we swwwiiimmm Swwwwiiiimmmm? -Dori

So I don't really know why just one man's honesty about not being ready to be with someone with an already established family could make me feel so blue. I guess it was because I was totally diggin' this guy. But in trying to find help during my stumble from happiness, I turned to the Lord and the scriptures.

My scripture answer was different than I expected but made me feel so much better. It was found in The Book of Mormon, Another Testamentof Christ, 2 Ne. 29: 7. "Know ye not that there are more nations than one?" In my case I substituted "men" for nations. Sure, the scripture was talking about something completely different, but it was what I needed to shed a different perspective on my hurt heart. No, my heart was not broken, it just felt a little punch.

I also read other scriptures about agency and realized that that no matter how bad I want something to work out with someone, they have their right to make choices, just like me.

To be honest, I really feel that being single sucks right now but rather than focus on that, I am making a better decision to zoom in on my relationship with my children. They are so precious to me and I think that is another reason why I hurt when the guy couldn't accept them too. It's one thing to have a guy run from you, but another to have him scared off by you and your kids.

Being almost 30, divorced, and having 2 children wasn't what I had planned for my life, but that I where I am if I look at a small negative-ish picture. From a different angle I am so much more than a nearly 30-year-old woman who was once married and has two children. I am a daughter of God, who has been blessed with two beautiful and wonderful children who truly love me and I them, I have so many blessings and lots of support from family and friends and I have the right to make choices and I choose to honor womanhood.

I have hope that one day I will find a worthy companion but know that it will be in the Lord's time and I really hate that part of the equation, as in the patient part. Oh well, I can't change that, but I can work on being the best me I can and helping others to do the same.

And a special thanks to my friend Leslie who is simply one amazing lady who took time out her life to talk to me on Sunday. Thanks!

-Karen

1 comment:

fabules said...

You are beautiful inside and out and your children are darling. There is someone special, like you out there that would miss out if he didn't have a chance to meet you (and your kids) and he will be the luckiest man when he finds you. Be You and don't be afraid to show off your kids! I love you.