Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shoulder surgery coming Jan. 14, 2010

My shoulder surgery is slated for this Thursday. I knew it was coming but didn't expect it to be scheduled so soon.

Four possible things will be operated on in my shoulder but they won't know what to do exactly until they get a camera inside.

I have a SLAP tear for sure (a tear in my labrum) but the other problems that are going on are not exactly easy to determine with the tests I have already had done.

Much to my comfort, I had a blesssing tonight from my home teacher and was told that Heavenly Father would be with the surgeon and that he would be guided with precision and that I would heal quickly. I was also told that I would be able to return to doing the things I like to and can do. I'm grateful to have a blessing that said that. I don't think I could have had a better promise.

I expect pain and I know that it's not going to be easy to not use my right arm much for a bit, but I'm glad I've had some practice over the last several weeks.

Anyway, that's that!

No comments: