Sunday, December 20, 2009

Food Allergies

After suffering for months with strange rashes and red hot ears and stomach pain it became apparent I was having some strange reactions to whatever it was I was eating. I was convinced it was carrots. I had testing done the week of Thanksgiving and when the results came back on Dec. 11, I was completely shocked at the outcome.

My "Foods to Avoid List" includes the following: gliadin, gluten, wheat, egg whites, egg yolks, cow's milk, goat's milk, american cheese, casein, lactalbumin, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, almonds and rye. The report states that I can only safely eat peanuts and malt once every four days.

My doctor told me to stay away from everything on the list for the next 90 days. Talk about a total diet overhaul.

Meat, nuts, veggies, fruit, rice, corn and oats get to be my new staples. Healthy yes, hard to abide by the rules, yes. Can I do it? Yes.

Cockroaches, flies, spiders, rotten or spoiled food and other nasty things aren't allowed either but that's just a personal preference.

3 comments:

Kyli said...

Hi Karen! Good luck with this diet thing! I'll pray for you and your new life changes. It was so nice to spend some time with your two beautiful children. Even though they really don't know me they began chatting non-stop immediately. Not only do they have a lot to say, but they are absolutely sweet and polite! I love them and now miss them! :) And of course I wish that I had more time to see you. The kids ended up being sick and getting pink eye the last week in Utah. We are all still sickies, but it shall pass. I love you and wish you all the blessings you deserve and more! Happy new year!!! Say hi to my Benji and Brinlee! Love, Kyli

Gwen said...

I like your personal preferences. Cute! Good luck with the new diet.

happy mom said...

Oy with the poodles already! and I hate word verification, fYI