Friday, September 18, 2009

It's official, I am now an ex-wife

The divorce papers were finally signed on Wednesday. Yay! I know that ending a marriage isn't something to take lightly, but I am glad to have closed this chapter in my book of life.

I am also glad to have sole custody of the kids and that I get to keep the house at least for the next three years, whereupon I have to either sell or refinance and give Taylor half the equity. He has until Oct 15 to get the rest of his stuff out of the house and then I will actually get to use my garage for a car or a craft workshop or whatever I want, as it is my house.

Just as a side note, in the same conversation that I told Taylor that the papers had been signed by the judge, he told me that he has already met and been dating someone else whilst we were separated. Nice. I had already figured that one out as the kids kept talking about her. All I had to do was ask Taylor if her name was Kami. Sure enough it was.

Anyway, I now get to keep moving forward with my life and although I will still have to deal with Taylor the rest of my life as we share our two beautiful children, I don't have to be married to him.

2 comments:

S and M said...

I am so happy for you, even though I understand that this chapter in your life has been very hard for you on many different levels, I know you are stronger now than before!!! You are really AMAZING women and I am so blessed to be your friend.

brandy tauai said...

congratulations doesnt seem like the right thing to say but it works so i hope you get what i mean...i know we never really talk and for that i am sorry as i truly know you to be a very warm and kind person.
good luck in this new chapter in your life...