Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grandma turns 85


On July 21, 2009, my grandma Ruth Anderson turned 85.

There was a surprise party in which six of her seven children were able to attend as well as 11 of her 19 grandchildren and 16 of her 25 great-grandchildren. Many of the spouses of her posterity were also able to be there. Though I haven't put them all on my blog, I was able to snap a picture of everyone in attendance.
These are the people who came: Dana, Sharon, Robert, Bonnie, Sara, Lauren, Emily, Rachel, Jason, Jeff, Kevin, Raymond, Susan, Kenny, Rachelle, Kelton, Taylor, Carrie, Heri, Audrey, Christine, Kayla, Lauren, Dillon, Karen, Benji, Brinlee, Richard, Patricia, Steve, Steve, Kymrie, Drake, Grant, Geoff, Laura, Ryan, Cally, Kathryn, Seth and of course Grandma Ruth (40 people total). In the following pictures the labels of who are in the photos are underneath.


Carrie holding Audrey, Kenny, Karen, Christy
Kenny, Kelton, Seth and Benji
Sarah, Bonnie and one of the twins (Emily or Rachel?)
Steve, Grant, Ryan, Drake, Cally, and Kymrie
Jeff, Robert, Sharon, Dana, Kevin and Jason
Richard
Geoff
Steve
Brinlee
Taylor
Sharon and Kathryn
Raymond
Susan
Rachelle
Kayla

What a wonderful woman my grandma is. Among the many things she has taught me over the years, is the joy of growing plants both inside and outside. She loves gardening, birds and cooking, sewing, quilting and helping to make others feel loved. She misses riding her bike around town and not being able to do a whole lot for herself, but she never stops trying to do as much as she can.
I love her so very much and am glad that my children have had the opportunity to spend time with her. I don't know how much longer she will be with us here on this side of the veil, as her health is failing, but I do know that she will always love me no matter what.

P.S. Anyone know how to make a slide show? It would have been easier to show the pictures that way, but alas I don't know how to do it.

No comments: