Though we have only had Star for three weeks, she has already become part of the family. She is very loving and likes to snuggle, but also enjoys being independent. Sometimes, she is like a little shadow, but other times you have to go looking for her. Today she is getting spaid and hopefully she will recover quickly. I've gotten so used to having her around that it seems very strange not to have her here even though it will only from 8 am to 6 pm.
Anyway, it is really nice to have her. I really have missed having a cat around ever since I had to get rid of my cat Millie. Just a few days after I had Brinlee I developed severe allergies to a number of things such as carrots, pepper, pineapple and sadly cats. I couldn't breath when Mille came anywhere near and not only did we have to give her away, but we had to move out of our house for four days while family and friends came over and cleaned the house and all of our linens in order to get rid of any and all cat fur that may have been lurking about.
All this was done and then about two months down the road, my allergies mysteriously went away as quickly as they had come. The doctors blamed it on fluctuating hormones.
The good news is that now I have a cat (something that Taylor was adamantly opposed to) and she is fabulous. She is so nice that even though Brinlee has pulled her tail, tackled and layed on her and pulled out some of her whiskers, she still comes running whenever Brinlee cries for any reason. Star has to see for herself that Brinlee is okay. You'd think she would see Brinlee and run and hide, but she is just not that way. She must somehow understand that Brinlee isn't trying to hurt her on purpose.
And just as one more little tidbit, we adopted Star from the Granstville City Animal Shelter for free. Starr is the name she came with because she is all black save for a speck of white on her chest which the caretakers there thought looked like a star.
Here's to 2017
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment